We’re excited! The Turtler App for Business is getting used and tested out in the wild, and not just any ordinary place that is outside away from our developer’s programming consoles, either. Deep in a remote corner of Palawan, Philippines at a new beach resort being developed, called Binga Beach, located in northern Palawan and very much off the beaten path.
They are currently constructing multiple upscale glamping accommodations and starting adventure tours there. Their use case is a perfect scenario for testing our application because:
- They have many workers and employees coming to their property, including workers on different types of teams, and those that work directly for them and others that are part-time or are outside contractors.
- Their teams are running logistics trips off of the property as well and need tracking around the whole large island of Palawan.
- Their property at Lumambong beach has very good internet connection, but the data connection in some areas around the island is challenged by mountains, terrain and weak signals so is a good test of Turtler’s resilience switching from online and offline.
How will they use Turtler?
- They will share bookmarks of their location with those delivering construction supplies to the job site to help them find it
- They will track the time their construction employees spend at the job site.
- They will track the time of contractors on-site to ensure they’re meeting their obligations.
- They will set up alerts to know if a worker does not appear for their shift.
- They will share Target bookmarks with employees so they know a location given to them by manager’s if they need to run an errand to a place that is new for them.
With time, they will also use:
- Tracking of their adventure guides and tourist visitors, if they like, for safety while they are doing activities such as mountain climbing or own boat tours
- Promoting their tours by sharing live location links of their tours moving out and about
- Using bookmarks to show their adventure tour’s stops and routes.
- Using live location sharing on the resort’s boats and vehicles so tourist visitors can see how close their ride is that is coming to get them
We’re excited to see how our Turtler app works for them as they busy construction on their luxury beach resort accommodations in Palawan and we look forward to getting their feedback.
Can see the location of their beach resort here: